Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prize for best Trinity-related Limerick

As promised in the latest issue of Wholly Trinity, there will be a small edible prize awarded for the best Trinity College-related limerick received in the comments to this post.

When I say 'best', I mean the one that the Editors think is best. It could be one that makes us laugh the most, or perhaps the one that boosts our egos the most. Who knows?

Anyway, do get thinking.

The closing date will probably be before the end of term, but I'll update this post when I decide.

1 comment:

liz h said...

The first entries...

The principal man in this story
Was unable to stop shouting, "Glory!"
When chapel went well,
The more he would yell,
"Glory, glory - don't look constipated - GLORY!"


A sure way to stop being meek
Is to flaunt your New Testament Greek:
"Once again the NIV
Isn't quite as good as me,"
But pride means your sermons will reek.


When it comes to cooking great puds,
Our Henry comes up with the goods.
Trouble is, when I'm finished
My brain power's diminished
And in afternoon lectures I zzzzz.

Marvellous! Keep up the good work.
These were all from J-D.L.