Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Quiet Day - more thoughts

OK, so I feel I need to add something to my post on Quiet days. I wrote that article nearly 18 months ago, and while I still stand by what I wrote, I have also mellowed. I can use quiet to reach out to God and there are time when I find it very useful and helpful. Times when God calls me to quiet in order to communicate with me and times when I just need to use quiet to rest in Him.

I still feel however that the enforced quiet days, the guilt often piled on people when they admit to not having a regular 'quiet time' and the expectation on Christians that quiet MUST form a part of their spirituality is unequivocally WRONG. It is a medieval monastic world-view that is totally unfair to impose on others.

My quiet day is going well today, I feel the need and the desire to spend time with God in quiet, and that is what I'll do. I do hope yours is good too.

With (quiet) Blessings

2 comments:

Ellen Loudon said...

I had a great time. Best trinity day...so far! ps Kneewax, is it just you and me blogging? It feels quite lonely in cyber space!

Anonymous said...

I know that a number of people read this from time to time! We just need to encourage them to post!